For any e-commerce site, ranking at the top of search engines should be a high priority. While paid search can place you at the top of the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs), the long-term cost to remain there may not be sustainable. It would be best if you had the number one spot; e-commerce SEO can help you achieve this.
Below are topics to consider when you think about SEO of your e-commerce site:
1. What is e-Commerce site SEO
2. Why SEO Is Important for Your e-Commerce Site
3. How much does SEO cost?
4. So, where to begin your SEO journey?
5. How does SEO Assistant help with SEO or what to do if I have no idea where to start?
SEO, or search engine optimisation, for e-Commerce sites is the most cost-effective and feasible way to reach customers. Ranking at the top of search engines should be one of the highest priorities of any e-commerce owner. Of course, you can get to the top of the search engine with paid search; however, it is a temporary solution only while paying for advertisement. SEO is your way to get consistent high-quality visits to your e-commerce store or website and increase opportunities to convert visitors into your customers.
SEO is critical and necessary for any e-commerce website as it brings permanent value to your business and has great potential for compounding returns. Products offered in your store need to be on the top of the search engines over your competitors so your future customers can find them easily while searching in search engines and clicking on them. Therefore, a well-optimised e-commerce site gets organic traffic to your website with very high conversion rates. And consequences to your business? Less spending and less dependency on advertisement. A recent study on how e-commerce businesses drive traffic to their stores showed that over 40% of retailer traffic comes from organic search securing its dominant position compared to 15% of paid search result traffic. In short, SEO is one of the most effective ways to increase your revenue by driving traffic to your website.
Now, we know what SEO is, why it is essential and what it is good for. But how much does it cost? Well, it depends if you use an SEO agency or consultant or handle SEO independently. With SEO handled by an agency or consultant, you can expect monthly expenses of anything between $2,000 to $5,000. On the other hand, if you do SEO yourself, you need to invest your time and pay a subscription for a range of SEO tools which means anything between $250 to $1500 a month. Tough decisions, right?
To summarise it:
• Per hour consultants charge is 100-250$. You can use freelancers to deliver one-off projects and then pay a per-month maintenance fee, which is usually cheaper than paying the SEO agency. The one-off project usually costs between $500 and $2500 and the monthly payment can range from $500 to $2000.
• SEO Agencies commonly charge a monthly fee from $2000 for small companies to tens or hundreds of thousands for large companies.
• SEO agencies are also offering a one-off fee per project. This charge can be for small companies between $2000 to $10000, depending on the agency, company size and complexity of the project.
You can educate yourself on SEO and do SEO on your own. Ultimately you need to invest your time in education, execution and tools, with average spending of about $250-$1500.
The good news is that you can still plan your SEO according to your availability and budget. Initially, you can focus on low-hanging fruits and achieve them with a very low budget and/or your time investment only. You can go one step at a time; you must understand that SEO is an ongoing and long-term process. Below are some of the suggestions where you can start and these are simple things you can do on your own.
1. Get metadata right on your website.
– The most important attributes are title, meta description, meta keywords, H1, H2 to H6
2. Review technical performance of your website.
– You should check speed, duplicate content, and broken links.
3. Undertake competitors research and how you can be better.
– Start with a review of keywords they use, ranking, structure, and metadata.
4. Business listings to improve your ranking.
– Get listed to search engines to help indexing robots recognise your website.
5. Measure your results.
– Review and track what are the main issues with your SEO optimisation and stay on top of things if you work with an independent consultant, or agency or do SEO optimisation DYI. SEO Assistant helps you to achieve this!
Well, there is no silver bullet or shortcut for Search Engine Optimisation; climbing up the ranking might take time. Still, we can provide you with a great head start so you can begin your SEO optimisation journey today and at an affordable cost!
• Tailored SEO recommendations: Instantly actionable recommendations are prepared specifically for your store
• 55+ SEO audited parameters: SEO Assistant review it all and identifies issues with your store
• PDF report with issues and recommendations: Working on SEO with an agency or consultant? Highlight for them the main issues or just read them on your own
• Ranking history tracking: Track history SEO progress in easy to read chart. It is absolutely critical to see if and how you are improving, doesn’t matter if you work on SEO DIY or with an agency
• Monthly status email: Automatic progress report to your mailbox so you are aware of SEO status
• NEW Registration to 150+ Search engines: We will manually let know Google and other search engines about all essential elements of your website and give them more information. Great start to your SEO journey!
• NEW e-commerce.directory: We will list your store in e-commerce.directory to get more backlinks with potential of adding up to 20 of your products under your profile
• And a lot more!
• Increase link authority for web engines – this factor strongly correlates with higher Google ranking.
• You never know when indexing robots will recognise your website – so when it comes to SEO manual submission, it’s definitely worth doing it.
• We tell search engines about your site directly – in simple words, we will let know Google and other search engines about all essential elements of your website and give them more information.
• Create more backlinks with added products under your profile – Pages with lots of backlinks rank above pages that don’t have as many backlinks. The fact is that #1 result in Google has an average of 3 times more backlinks than positions #2-#10.
• Low-hanging fruit improvement opportunity – You can get long-term benefits from indexing and website backlinks by submitting your website and creating backlinks to your products page. And this is the ideal start or continuation of your SEO journey!